Welcome to our Adventure Club Page
| Jared Baptist - Director
The Adventurer program was created to assist parents in their important responsibilities as a child’s primary teachers and evangelizers. The program aims to strengthen the parent/child relationship and to further the child’s development in spiritual, physical, mental, and social areas. Through the Adventurer Program, the church, home, and school can work together with the parent to develop a mature, happy child. The church’s greatest resource is our children; therefore, it is imperative that as a church we meet the challenge to provide a program for our children during their early, formative years. We want right habits, thoughts, motives, dispositions, and attitudes to be established. The Wise Man wrote, “Bring up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.” Prov. 22:6 (NIV). This is not a cliché—it is a scientific formula.
The Adventurer Club involves children in grades preK-4th and their parents. The programming and planning for Adventurers should be simple and short, but creative. Parental involvement provides opportunities for parents to participate in the learning experience. One of the Adventurer Club objectives is to provide a meaningful and exciting experience as the children look forward with anticipation to some day being Pathfinders.
Why have an Adventurer program?
The Adventurer program is designed to support parents in assisting children with the challenging task of developing fully as followers of Christ in today’s world. What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level, commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children:
1. to develop a Christ-like character;
2. to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well;
3. to express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
4. to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others;
5. to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others,
6. to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
Who can Join?
Any child in grades preK-4th who promises to abide by the Adventurer Pledge and Law. Although the Adventurer Club is sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church, children of all faith are encouraged to join.
Children in grades preK-4th are eligible.
Club activities include crafts, outings, regular club meetings and the Adventurer must agree before joining the club to participate and cooperate in their activities.
Members must be faithful in attendance. Many clubs establish limits on absences and tardiness and Adventures who do not comply with these regulations are dropped from the club.
The Adventurer's parents must be willing to cooperate with the regulations and activities of the club. At times they will be asked to supply money and time to support their child's membership.
Members must pay an application fee. Club dues are paid on a yearly basis.
Each Adventurer should own and regularly wear a complete Adventurer uniform. He or she must come to meetings and club sponsored events in full uniform, as directed by the club director.
Adventurers are expected to obey all regulations, instructions, and orders of the Adventurer leaders and staff.
Clubs members must be willing to participate in community projects and outreach programs (Christmas-basket canned goods collection, trash pickup, etc.)
Clubs members must learn and follow the Adventurer Pledge and the Adventurer Law.